Microsoft Electronic Software Delivery (ESD)
What is ESD?
Electronic Software Delivery (ESD) is a digital delivery of a product key directly to consumers and small businesses via resellers, retailers and e-tailer partners.
Key features of ESD
- 24/7 availability of the product
- Secure and seamless delivery in a few minutes
- Product is ready for use immediately after digital delivery
- All benefits of a Box product.
Business opportunity for resellers
- Higher long-term profitability vs Box software
- Quick costless delivery and no stocking expenses
- Fast access to the product
- Full assortment of premium Microsoft SKUs without old stock issues
- Cross sell and up-sell with hardware devices
- Digital products bring the opportunity for extended digital marketing
- Online ordering and automated processing allow to run sales on 24/7 mode
End user benefits
- End user will receive email from Microsoft with product key and link to download the product image
- All benefits of Box product
- No physical media, purchased content available via direct download
- The product license can be moved to the new PC or Mac
- Software can be instantly activated after purchase
Automated End-to-End process.
How it works